著迷英语900句-第7章
按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
文不够好; 可是现在几乎和美国人一样流利了。
: As a matter of fact; she is teaching me! 事实上; 她还教我呢!
: So; my dear; how are you? 亲爱的; 你还好吗?
: How are things at home? I miss you。 家里的情形怎么样? 我真想念你;
: I read and reread all your letters。 你的信; 我都看了又看。
: Your devoted wife; 你挚爱的妻
: Alicia 爱丽霞上
MR。NIKZAD: What are we going to do with Ali? 对于阿里我们将怎么做?
MRS。NIKZAD: What do you mean; dear? He’s only six。 你是什么意思? 他才六岁。
MR。NIKZAD: He’ll be seven in a few weeks。 It’s time to think about his future。 他再过几个礼拜就
七岁了; 该为他的前途着想了。
MRS。NIKZAD: Oh; dear。 哦; 亲爱的。
MR。NIKZAD: You spoil him; Zahra。 萨拉; 你太宠他了。
MRS。NIKZAD: And you’re too strict。 You’re always criticizing him。 但你对他太严了; 你总是对
他吹毛求疵。
MR。NIKZAD: Because he never behaves。 Why can’t Ali be more like Hussein。 因为他从不守规矩;
他为什么不能像郝仙那样?
MRS。NIKZAD: But dear; they are different people。 They’ll never behave the same way。 但是; 亲爱
的; 他们俩个是不同的啊! 他们的举止完全不一样。
MR。NIKZAD: We take him to the Fair; and what does he do? He runs away! 我们带他去万博会;
而他做什么呢? 他跑掉了!
MRS。NIKZAD: He’s a very independent child。 他是个很独立的孩子。
MR。NIKZAD: I’ll never understand him。 And what an imagination! He thinks ice cream vendors are
secret agents。 He talks to animals and toys。 我永远不会瞭解他。 他多么有幻想力! 竟然把冰淇淋
摊贩视为密探; 还对着动物和玩具讲话。
MRS。NIKZAD: All children are like that; dear。 所有的小孩子都是那样子的; 亲爱的。
MR。NIKZAD: No; Zahra; all children are not like that。 不; 萨拉; 并不是每一个孩子都是这样子;
MR。NIKZAD: You can’t make excuses for him forever。 你不能永远为他找藉口。
MR。NIKZAD: Last year he misbehaved because he didn’t understand English。 去年他不乖是因为
他不懂英文;
MR。NIKZAD: This year you won’t be able to use that excuse。 今年你不能再用那个理由了。
着迷英语900 句
MRS。NIKZAD: Then we’ll have to find a school for children like Ali。 那么我们必须找一所可以收
容像阿里这样孩子的学校。
MR。NIKZAD: Where will you find a school for stubborn children with bad manners? 哪里有学校可
给又顽强又不懂礼貌的孩子去念?
MR。NIKZAD: He won’t listen to anybody。 他是谁的话都不听的。
MRS。NIKZAD: He’s not stubborn; he’s independent。 But don’t worry。 I’ll look for a school for
creative children。 他并不顽强; 他是独立。 你放心好了; 我将会找到一所给创作力特别强的儿童
念的学校。
MR。NIKZAD: Won’t you ever believe me? 你永远不相信我吗?
MR。NIKZAD: The boy needs discipline。 他需要的是管教。
MRS。NIKZAD: Let me try; Simon。 Maybe I can find the right school。 塞门; 让我试试吧。 也许我
可以找到适合的学校。
MR。NIKZAD: All right; Zahra。 But next year; back in Iran; things will be different。 好的; 萨拉。 可
是明年可是明年回到伊朗以后; 事情将会不一样的。
MRS。NIKZAD: Be patient; dear。你要有耐心; 亲爱的。
MRS。NIKZAD: Ali will make you proud one day。 有朝一日; 阿里会让你感到骄傲的。
MR。NIKZAD: Where is Ali now? 阿里现在在哪里?
MRS。NIKZAD: Watching TV。 他在看电视。
MR。NIKZAD: Are you sure? It’s very quiet in there。 你确定吗? 里面一点声音也没有。
MRS。NIKZAD: What are you doing; Ali? 你在作什么? 阿里
ALI: Ssh。 You have to be very quiet! 嘘; 安静些!
MRS。NIKZAD: Why? What are you doing? 为什么? 你在作什么?
ALI: Can’t you see; Mommy? The Martians are landing。 难道你没注意到吗? 火星人着陆了。
MRS。NIKZAD: Oh。 Well; we’re eating dinner。 哦; 我们要吃饭了。
ALI: OK。 好。
MRS。NIKZAD: Aren’t you coming? 你不来吃吗?
ALI: No; I’m not。 是; 我不要吃。
MRS。NIKZAD: Ali; your father will be very angry。 阿里; 你爸爸会非常生气的。
ALI: No; he won’t。 He’ll be happy。 不会的; 他会很高兴。
MRS。NIKZAD: Why? 为什么?
“ALI: I ruin his dinner。 He always says; ““Ali; why do you always ruin my dinner?”““ “我破坏他的
晚餐; 他老是说: ““阿里; 你为什么老是破坏我的晚餐?”““
MRS。NIKZAD: He won’t say that tonight。 他今天晚上不会这样说。
“ALI: Then he says; ““Why can’t you be like Hussein?”“ I hate Hussein! I don’t want to be like
him。” 然后他说: u 你为什么不能像赫仙那样?」我恨赫仙! 我不要像他那样!
MRS。NIKZAD: Ali; that’s a terrible thing to say about your brother。 阿里; 你这样说你哥哥真是可怕!
ALI: But it’s true。 那是真的。
MRS。NIKZAD: Ali; my little Martian; I won’t enjoy my dinner without you。 I’ll miss you。 Won’t
you come to the table and eat with me? 阿里; 我的小火星人。 你不在我身边;我吃晚餐就没有乐
趣。 我将会想念你的; 请你到餐桌跟我一起吃; 好不好?
ALI: OK。 But remember; it’s only for you。 好; 可是要记住; 我是为了你而已。
MRS。NIKZAD: I’ll remember。 It’ll be our secret。 我会记住; 那将是我们两个人的秘密。
着迷英语900 句
FRANK YAMAMOTO: Father? 爸?
MR。YAMAMOTO: Yes? 什么事?
FRANK YAMAMOTO: Wouldn’t you like to take a walk to the Fair today? 您今天有兴趣到万博
会去走走吗?
MR。YAMAMOTO: It’s Saturday。 I have to be in the store。 今天是礼拜六; 我必须到店里去。
FRANK YAMAMOTO: I’m sure Jim can take care of the store。 我相信吉姆可以照料店里的事。
MR。YAMAMOTO: I don’t like crowds。 我不喜欢人多的地方。
FRANK YAMAMOTO: I know; Father; but it’s early。 There won’t be many people there at this hour。
我知道; 爸爸; 现在还早呢。 这个时候不会有很多人的。
MR。YAMAMOTO: I’d rather go on a weekday。 我宁愿平常日子去;
MR。YAMAMOTO: Saturday is our busy day at the store。 礼拜六是店里最忙的一天。
FRANK YAMAMOTO: Take a one…day vacation。 I’m sure you’ll enjoy it。 休一天假吧; 我敢保证
你会觉得很好玩。
MR。YAMAMOTO: I don’t know; Frank。 我真怀疑; 法兰克。
FRANK YAMAMOTO: People come from around the world to see the Fair。 You’re lucky。 You live
right around the corner。人们从世界各地到万博会来参观; 您很幸运; 您刚好住在附近。
MR。YAMAMOTO: What’s the weather like today? 今天天气怎么样?
FRANK: It’s a beautiful spring day。 It would be good for you to spend a day in the sun。 是个美丽的
春天。 花一天的时间晒晒太阳对您是很有益的。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Can I get to the Fair by bus? 我可以搭公车到万博会吗?
FRANK: It’s not far。 Take a taxi。 It won’t be expensive。 并不远; 坐计程车去; 不会太贵的。
MR。YAMAMOTO: No。 I’ll take the bus。 不; 我要坐公车。
FRANK: OK。 Take the number 20。 It goes right to the Fair。 好吧! 坐二十路; 它直开到万博会。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Where is my good coat? 我那件好的大衣在哪里?
FRANK: In the hall closet。 But you won’t need a coat today。 在走廊的壁橱里; 可是你今天不必穿
大衣;
FRANK: The sun is shining; and it’s going to get warm。 外面是晴天; 而且会逐渐变暖的。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Are you sure it’s not going to rain? 你确定不会下雨吗?
FRANK: I don’t think so; but anything is possible。 Your raincoat is in the hall closet; too。 我不这么
认为; 可是天气是无法预料的; 您的雨衣也放在走廊的壁橱里。
MR。YAMAMOTO: You know; Frank; I’m not as young as I was。 我跟你讲; 法兰克; 我老了。
FRANK: No one is; Father。 我们都老了; 爸爸。
MR。YAMAMOTO: You’re right。 Help me with my coat; Frank。 你讲得对; 帮我将大衣穿上。 法兰克;
FRANK: Have a good time; Father。 祝您玩得很愉快; 爸。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Thank you; Son。 谢谢你; 儿子。
PEDRO: Excuse me。 How much is the bus? 对不起; 请问巴士车票多少钱?
WOMAN: Fifty cents。 五毛钱。
PEDRO: Will the driver change a 10 bill? 十块钱的钞票司机可以找得开吗?
WOMAN: I don’t think so。 Oh; here’s the bus。 我想不会的; 噢; 车来了。
WOMAN: Oh; no! 噢! 真糟糕。
BUS DRIVER: What’s the matter; lady? 你怎么了? 女士。
WOMAN: Look at me! 你看我!
着迷英语900 句
BUS DRIVER: You look beautiful to me。 你看起来很漂亮呀!
WOMAN: Look at my dress! It’s ruined! 你看我的衣服! 完蛋了!
BUS DRIVER: I’m sorry; miss。 对不起; 小姐。
WOMAN: Is that all you can say? ‘I’m sorry; miss。’ What about my dress? “你就只能说这个吗?
““ 对不起; 小姐。 ““ 我的衣服怎么办?”
PEDRO: What are you going to do about this? 这事你该怎么办?
BUS DRIVER: Who are you? 你是谁?
PEDRO: Who do you think I am? 你以为我是谁?
BUS DRIVER: Look; mister。 I’m sorry。 It’s raining。 The streets are wet。 瞧; 先生; 我很抱歉。 外面下
着雨; 街道都是湿的。
PEDRO: Let’s sit down; dear。 我们坐吧; 女士。
BUS DRIVER: Hey; mister! You forgot to pay! 嘿; 先生! 你忘了付车钱!
PEDRO: I did not forget。 Is the bus company going to pay for a new dress? 我没有忘记付钱; 汽车公
司将付新衣服的钱吗?
BUS DRIVER: Forget it! Forget it! Sit down。 算了! 算了! 你坐吧。
WOMAN: Very clever。 Do you ever pay for the bus? 真聪明; 你经常免费坐车吗?
PEDRO: By the way; my name is。。。 对了; 我的名字是。。。
PAULO: And that; Mr。 Crawford; is our plan。 We’d like your agency to handle the publicity。 郭佛先
生; 我们的计划就是这样子。 我们愿意由你的代理商去负责宣传。
MR。CRAWFORD: Good。 很好;
MR。CRAWFORD: Now let me make sure I have all the facts。 让我来确定一下我所知道的整个事情。
PAULO: Certainly。 请便。
MR。CRAWFORD: The Brazilian Pavilion is planning a competition for young artists。 巴西馆计划
为年轻的艺术家们举办一次比赛。
PAULO: Yes; and by the way; the Pavilion will display many of the entries during the final month of
the competition。
对。 噢; 对了; 在比赛的最后一个月; 很多应征的作品要在巴西馆展览出来。
MR。CRAWFORD: I see。 Now; the entries must all be oil paintings; correct? 好的。 参加比赛的作品都
必须是油画; 对不对?
PAULO: Yes。 对。
MR。CRAWFORD: Is there an age limit for the participants? 对参加比赛的人; 有没有年龄上的限制?
PAULO: We were thinking of thirty or thirty …five。 But you must know more about this than I do。 我
们考虑以叁十岁或叁十五岁为限。 不过; 关于这方面的事; 您知道的比我多;
PAULO: You have more experience。 您的经验比较丰富。
MR。CRAWFORD: I think thirty is the right limit。 How old are you; Paulo? May I call you Paulo? 我
认为叁十岁最好; 保罗; 你几岁了? 我可以叫你保罗吗?
PAULO: Of course; sir。 Twenty…nine。 当然可以; 我二十九岁。
MR。CRAWFORD: Yo u’re the same age as my son Michael。 你跟我儿子麦可一样大。
PAULO: Yes。 喔。
MR。CRAWFORD: Forgive me。 Where were we? 对不起; 我们刚才讲到哪里?
PAULO: We were discussing the rules of the competition。 我们刚才在讨论比赛的规则。
MR。CRAWFORD: Yes。 Now; you mentioned a grant。 对了; 你提到了奖助金;
着迷英语900 句
MR。CRAWFORD: What kind of a grant were you thinking of? 你们考虑什么样的奖助金?
PAULO: We were going to offer a scholarship; a living allowance; and air fare to and from Brazil。
What do you think of that idea? 我们打算发给一份奖学金; 还有生活费津贴及到巴西的来回飞
机票; 你认为这构想怎么样?
MR。CRAWFORD: Excellent。 非常好;
MR。CRAWFORD: What about the deadline for the entries。 参加的截止日期呢?
MR。CRAWFORD: Six months from today? 从今天起六个月?
PAULO: Yes。 They have to enter by November 1。 是的; 他们必须在十一月一号以前报名;
PAULO: We’ll announce the winner the following month。 而我们将在下一个月宣布得奖者。
MR。CRAWFORD: Good。 Well; I can have sample brochures ready for you in a week。 好。 我有小册
子的样本; 一个星期之内可以给你。
PAULO: Fine。 很好。
MR。CRAWFORD: Then; I’ll see you a week from today。 Is 2:00 convenient? 那么; 一个礼拜以后见。
两点钟; 方不方便?
PAULO: Perfect。 再好没有。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Ms。 Segura; Mr。 Farias is leaving now。 Good…bye; Paulo。 瑟姑拉小姐; 法瑞斯
先生现在要走了; 保罗再见。
PAULO: Good…bye; Mr。 Crawford。 And we’ll see you and Mrs。 Crawford for dinner on Wednesday。
郭佛先生再见; 礼拜叁吃晚餐的时候; 我们就可以跟您和郭佛太太见面了。
MR。 CRAWFORD: We’re looking forward to it。 我们正期待着。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Were there any calls? 有没有电话?
LAURA: Yes。 Your wife called fifteen minutes ago。 有。 夫人十五分钟以前打电话来。
MR。 CRAWFORD: Did she leave a message? 有没有留话?
LAURA: No; sir。 And your nex